Sample Fictional Resume
Stephen J. Duran
8060 Laurel Avenue
(312) 555 - 0711
A challenging top management position, where my experience, education, and accomplishments will allow me the opportunity for growth based on performance.
MBA, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, March, 1998
BS Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri, Rolla, Missouri, May, 1986
NATIONAL FOOD CORPORATION-Chicago, Illinois 1/94 to Present
(Manufacturer of diversified food products.)
Operations Manager- Chicago, Illinois (11/96 to Present)
· Responsible for all operational management aspects of National Food’s Cereal Business Unit, including profit and loss responsibility over a $15 million budget, business development, administration, and customer service.
· Supervise, train and develop a workforce of 160 union employees.
· Implemented procedures that reduced operating cost, improved quality, productivity and increased profitability.
· Designed and implemented packaging line improvements which generated an annual savings of $1.2 million.
· Increased production by 23% by reducing waste and increasing line efficiency.
Operations Engineer- Westmont, Illinois (1/94 to 11/96)
· Project Leader for $2.5 million capital project to install new packaging lines.
· Coordinated start-up for new packaging lines.
· Developed and implemented training procedures including operations, quality, and safety for new lines.
· Participated in the development and implementation of a Computerized Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Program.
CONTINENTAL BRANDS INCORPORATED-Salinas, California 3/90 to 1/94 (Manufacturer of dry sauces, soups, and gravies.)
Packaging Systems Engineer- Atlanta, Georgia (5/92 to 1/94)
· Responsible for optimizing equipment and crewing of production process from raw material ingredients through packaged finished products.
· Developed and managed capital projects up to $300,000.
· Involved with the development and testing of new packaging material which saved the division $600,000 per year.
CONTINENTAL BRANDS INCORPORATED- continued
Packaging and Maintenance Team Leader- St. Louis, Missouri (3/90 to 5/92)
· Responsible for maintenance and engineering of all packaging operations in the plant that consisted of 12 packaging systems.
· Directed 35 union packaging mechanics and electricians.
· Led project team that successfully reduced packaging downtime by 45% and decreased changeover times on processing equipment by 40%.
(Manufactures Pasta and Sauces.)
Process Engineer/Team Leader- St. Louis, Missouri
· Supervise 24 union employees, troubleshooting entire process from raw ingredients to packaging, and leading high performance project teams.
· Managed project to install new palletizing and shrink wrapping equipment that resulted in a $500,00 savings in production, shipping and material costs.
· Led new warehouse plan and reorganization efforts.
· Packaging Line Design and Installation
· Food Safety and Technology
· Productivity and Cost Improvement
· Developing High Performance Work Systems
· Computer Skills, MSWord, Excel, Quattro, Harvard Graphics, Crystal
· Fluent in Spanish
· High Performance Work systems
· Total Quality Management
· Good Manufacturing Practices
· American Institute of Chemical Engineers
· National Society of Hispanic Engineers
· National Society of Professional Engineers
· Union League Boys & Girls Club Literacy Program Tutor
· Community Food Share Volunteer
References Furnished Upon Request